Information on where you can download instructions for installing vinyl siding for FREE.
The list below is from the Vinyl Siding Institute at www.vinylsiding.org and also be sure to check out their FAQs page. Below is a downloadable installation manual on how to install vinyl siding.
Vinyl siding — the exterior cladding of choice for remodelers, builders and homeowners — is attractive, durable, easy to maintain and cost-effective. And because proper vinyl siding installation is the best way to ensure vinyl siding lives up to its reputation for quality, the Vinyl Siding Institute (VSI) has created a number of award-winning installation training resources to educate contractors, their employees, students and customers about proper vinyl siding installation techniques.
Vinyl Siding Installation Manual - Just Revised! This newly updated 40-page illustrated manual is a vital tool for the construction industry, and contains the most recent techniques and practices. Readers will appreciate this simple step-by-step approach to installation.
Vinyl Siding Installation Manual (Spanish) - Expanded! Updated and expanded, this Spanish-language 45-page illustrated manual is a vital tool for the construction industry, and contains the most recent techniques and practices. Readers will appreciate this simple step-by-step approach to installation.
Installing Vinyl Siding: A How-To Video - Just Revised! This 20-minute video, complete with the latest techniques, explains the basics of vinyl siding installation including demonstrations of how to measure, cut, and fasten siding and accessories; how to install siding around windows and gables; and how to use the portable field brake. ($20.00 if ordered from www.vinylsiding.org)
Installing Vinyl Siding: A How-To Video (Spanish) - New! This Spanish-language version of our "How-To Video" explains the basics of vinyl siding installation including demonstrations of how to measure, cut, and fasten siding and accessories; how to install siding around windows and gables; and how to use the portable field brake. ($20.00 if ordered from www.vinylsiding.org)
- Things to do this winter: Skiing, ice skating, and a siding installation?
- Thermal bridging: another reason to choose insulated vinyl siding
- DIY exterior siding: Setting higher goals
- Planning a siding installation? Sooner may be better than later
- It may be time to install new siding if…
- Vinyl siding: top choice for your region?
- House wrap: what qualities are important?
- FEMA advice for vinyl siding installation
- Winter siding installation: Which materials are feasible?
- Your siding installation and the new insulation code requirements
- 3 exterior siding myths you should not believe
- Vinyl siding vs. hurricane-force winds
- Double-pane windows: trouble for vinyl siding?
- Could your home be America's Best Siding Makeover?
- Installing new siding: what to expect if you DIY
- Why use a certified vinyl siding installer?
- Weather matters when installing vinyl siding
- Installing vinyl siding: get your quote right
- When installing vinyl siding, local notions matter
- Tis the season for installing vinyl siding?
- Vinyl Siding: New Jersey Homeowners Pay for Quality
- Prevention of vinyl siding problems
- Coordinating Siding Installation with other Exterior Projects
- Avoid Dreaded Ripples In Vinyl Siding
- Install House Wrap Before Starting Your Do It Yourself Siding Project
- Exterior Siding Installation and Summer Heat
- Install Vinyl Siding Yourself and Save Money
- Installing Vinyl Siding - Cost to DIY