A Simple Guide to Cleaning Vinyl Siding
If you have vinyl siding on your home, chances are pretty good that you're going to be spending less time and money maintaining your home's exterior than your neighbors with brick or wood façades, but that doesn't mean it requires no effort on your part to keep your vinyl siding looking its best. To get the most out of your investment and maintain your home's curb appeal, it's important to clean your vinyl siding regularly.
Cleaning Vinyl Siding: Materials Required
In most cases, the best vinyl siding cleaners are products you already have on hand:
- A hose
- A ladder
- A gentle cleaning solvent like dish detergent
- A soft-bristled brush or sponge
How to Clean Vinyl Siding: Three Easy Steps
Cleaning vinyl siding is a simple three-step process that shouldn't require too much time or labor:
- Start by spraying down your vinyl siding with a regular garden hose (not a pressure washer) to remove the excess dirt and grime. Because vinyl siding is designed to allow rainwater to flow down its surface from top to bottom, it's best to spray down toward your siding from an elevated vantage point like a ladder.
- If there's a little too much grime for a simple shower to fix, the next step is to wash your siding with a soft-bristled brush and a gentle cleaning solvent. Clean one small area at a time to avoid giving the soap time to dry before you have a chance to rinse.
- Always rinse from the top down to avoid dirty streaks mucking up the areas that you've already cleaned.
That's all there is to it. Remember to clean your vinyl siding at least once a year, and your home's exterior should stay looking fresh and neat for years to come.
- 4 tips to keep new vinyl siding radiant
- 4 tips for cleaning vinyl siding
- Keep the Soffit Clean to Avoid a Replacement Siding Cost Surprise
- Cleaning Vinyl Siding: DIY or Not?
- How to Remove Black Exhaust Build-up when Cleaning Vinyl Siding
- The Best Tools for Cleaning Vinyl Siding
- Clean House for Sale: Vinyl Siding Cleaners on the Market
- Cleaning Vinyl Siding on Your Beach House
- Cheap and Easy Vinyl Siding Cleaner
- Cleaning Vinyl Siding