Vinyl Siding Tips
Here are some tips that you should consider before purchasing vinyl siding:
1) Insulated Vinyl Siding
Consider using Insulated Vinyl Siding on your house. It costs more, but in the long run it will save you money.
2) Longer Vinyl Siding Panels
Many companies nowadays make longer vinyl siding panels that you should really consider. Some companies estimate that you can reduce up to 30% in seams or gaps using longer panels. I have regualr vinyl siding panels on my house and to this day wish I used the longer panels on my house.
3) Customer Support
Many companies have warranties for their products. However, if you send an email to many vinyl siding manufacturers, you won't get a reply. There are some vinyl siding manufacturers that have excellent customer support. Warranties do matter, but they matter only if you can actually contact that company and get a reply from them! To be sure, send them an email and see if you get any kind of reply from them.
Based on experience, the following companies actually reply to any questions that you may have: Royal Building Products, Kaycan, Certainteed
- Inspecting siding: winter maintenance and repair
- Vinyl siding: Which brand is right for your home?
- Vinyl siding: a guide to the lingo
- Is It Green? Vinyl Siding Considered
- What Can You Expect to Pay for a Vinyl Siding Job?
- Vinyl Siding Benefits: More Than Low Cost
- The Best Vinyl Siding Estimate Isn't the Cheapest
- 5 Important Vinyl Siding Terms Defined
- 5 Vinyl Siding Facts You May Not Know
- Ladder Jacks Can Make Your Do-It-Yourself Siding Project Easier
- Painting Vinyl Siding for Repair and Remodeling
- DOs and DON'Ts for Selecting New Vinyl Siding