Creating the perfect look for your home's exterior isn't only about choosing the right color. The right texture, size, insulation, and scale all matter just as much. Insulated vinyl siding can increase a home's energy efficiency, help with noise reduction, and can be more resistant to dents.
Siding Colors by Shade
Homeowners are often impressed by the extensive range of colors available across vinyl siding styles. You can choose from cool earthtone shades (greens, grays, and whites), warm earthtone shades (browns, oranges, and creams), or a range of attractive blue and red colors for homes with vibrant exteriors.
Siding Styles by Color
Vinyl Siding Styles
Smooth Style vinyl siding has no texture imprinted on its surface, providing an option for homeowners who want a modern, clean look. Smooth style siding also comes in a vast range of colors.
Beaded Seam vinyl siding has a traditional look. One of the most-popular styles, the beaded seam emphasizes clean lines and extensive color options that suit most decors.
The Board & Batten(or barn style) alternates the placement of foot-wide boards and narrower strips in either horizontal or vertical patterns.
Shingles make up a large segment of siding style options. The Straight Edge vinyl shingle style is used for an aligned, uniform appearance. The Staggered-Edge shingle style is a good choice for a rustic, hand-built appearance.
Other Siding Styles
Siding Styles by Manufacturer
Different manufacturers specialize in different styles, so it's a good idea to request information from multiple manufacturers so you can make sure that you are choosing the exact style you want.
- CertainTeed Siding
(23 styles including Cedar Impressions®, Northwoods®, Classic™, and Wolverine Restoration Smooth™).
- Royal Vinyl Siding
(Three styles, including Journeymen Select Colonial Beaded, Royal DuraPlank and Royal Woodland 16).
- Mastic Siding
(10 styles, including Cedar Discovery®, Charleston Beaded Collection®, Ovation™, Quest Signature™, Silhouette Classic™, Structure® EPS Insulated Siding, and T-Lok Barkwood).
- Garden State Siding
(Three styles,including Ashlar Stone, Earthstone and Castle Block).
- Hardie Siding
(10 styles, including HardiePanel® Cedarmill©, HardiePanel® Sierra 8, HardiePanel® Stucco, HardiePanel® Smooth, HardiePlank®, Beaded Select Cedarmill® and HardieShingle®).
- Hebron Brick
(Four brickface styles, including Harmony Series, Heartland Series, Ironspot Series and Tumbled Series).
- KP Building
(21 styles including CedarCast™ Round and Gables Board and Batten).
- Stucco Masters
(Four patterns including Sand Coarse, Sand Stone, Swirl Coarse and Swirl Fine).
- Insulated vinyl siding: Is it really energy-efficient?
- Steel siding: Is it right for your home?
- Vinyl siding: 3 lesser-known companies to consider
- Fiberglass siding: does it beat the competition?
- Best siding for renovating historical buildings
- 4 things to consider when buying new vinyl siding
- Go vertical with new vinyl siding
- How to choose the right new vinyl siding
- Fiber cement or vinyl siding?
- Best vinyl siding: CertainTeed earns top honors
- Siding shadow lines: Dutch lap or clapboard?
- History of modern siding
- Control stone veneer siding cost with accent touches
- 6 popular styles of Crane siding
- Georgia Pacific siding: vinyl or Plytanium™?
- MainStreet siding boosts curb appeal
- Make Your Home Unique with Stone Veneer Siding Accents
- Explore the choices of Reynolds vinyl siding
- Gentek siding offers generous choices of styles and prices
- Gentek steel siding: quality, durability and safety
- Trim Your DIY Siding Costs with Georgia-Pacific Siding
- From shakes to wraps: CertainTeed siding looks delicious
- With a Little Research, Vinyl Siding Styles Make Sense
- Are Premium or Insulated Vinyl Siding Styles Worth It?
- Cost Analysis: Premium, Value and Insulated Vinyl Siding
- Guide to The Most Common Vinyl Siding Styles
- The Pros and Cons of Popular Vinyl Siding Styles
- Advances in Realistic Looking Vinyl Siding
- An Overview of Popular Vinyl Siding Styles
- Got Vinyl Siding Favorites? Here Are Ours
- What to Consider When Choosing Vinyl Siding Styles
- Types of Vinyl Siding for Extreme Climates
- Vertical Vinyl Siding Can Make Your Home Unique
- 2 Futuristic Shingle and Siding Technologies You Should Consider