Spotlight on Monogram siding cost
Monogram siding is a well-known vinyl cladding manufactured by CertainTeed. As a premium product, its thickness and fade resistance ensure quality, but can impact cost. Still, Monogram vinyl siding often costs less than many competing products or materials, making it a solid midline choice for budget-conscious homeowners.
Estimating Monogram siding cost
It can be difficult to estimate precisely how much your home siding project will cost without requesting a quote from a local contractor, but you can calculate a ballpark figure using national averages. According to Consumer Reports, CertainTeed's Monogram 46 vinyl siding costs $1.10 per square foot for baseline materials alone, and installation and premium color options can boost that figure significantly. One New Hampshire-based company quotes the following final costs for an installed product:
- Standard or dark colors: $4.62 per square foot
- Deluxe colors: $4.85 per square foot
- Premium colors: $5.17 square foot
If your home has existing siding that needs to be removed, this can add an additional $0.50 to $1 per square foot. The bottom line: Expect to pay between $5.10 and $6.60 per square foot to have your old siding removed and Monogram vinyl siding installed.
How to control costs
Home cladding is an important investment in your home, and choosing a premium vinyl product ensures quality, longevity and attractiveness. But while quality certainly carries a price, there are a few ways in which you can limit your final cost.
- Shop around. Request quotes from multiple contractors in your area to ensure you're getting the best deal.
- Consider your options. As noted in the quote above, deluxe- and premium-grade colors cost more than standard options.
- Do it yourself. Some homeowners can limit cost considerably by installing their own home cladding, An amateur job can cost more in the long run in terms of repairs and ongoing maintenance, however, so be certain you know what you're doing.
There may be little difference from one contractor to another in how much Monogram siding costs, but some comparison shopping can still make a big difference in your bottom line.
- Which Certainteed vinyl siding is your style?
- Monogram siding reviews: why contractors like this premier CertainTeed product
- 5 ways CertainTeed Monogram siding challenges wood
- Certainteed cement siding offers performance and environmental responsibility
- CertainTeed monogram vinyl siding: quality plus good looks
- Cedar Impressions: Cost for CertainTeed's vinyl shakes and shingles