Make Your Home Unique with Stone Veneer Siding Accents
You may have seen quaint stone cottages and farmhouses in a countryside setting, their warm, homey appearance making them truly stand out. The unique sense of comfort and well-being stone homes seem to exude may hark back to the days when stone was considered one of the most durable and weatherproof building materials available. If you wanted protection from the harsh winds and cold temperatures of winter, stone was hard to beat.
Create the Same Charming Look with Stone Veneer Siding
You can give your home that same enchanting look and feel with stone veneer siding. Thanks to modern technology, stone veneer siding usually is only 5/8 to 1-1/2 inches thick, and can be applied to any structurally sound surface without concern for supporting its weight.
Adding Stone Veneer Siding to Your Home May Be Easier Than You Think
Stone veneer siding can be applied to just about any surface. If you are starting with wood sheathing, there are only a few steps involved in adding the siding.
- Apply a waterproof barrier to the wood sheathing--roofing felt is a good choice.
- Install metal lathe, taking care to overlap all joints; nail into wood structural members.
- Apply a thin sand and cement mixture over the lathe, taking care to cover it completely.
- Press the stones into the sand and cement mixture.
- Remove the excess sand and cement mixture from between the stones.
- Grout between the stones after the sand and cement has dried.
Stone veneer is available in many style varieties and colors. Using a stone that is native to your region may help give your home that warm, charming look from your area's days gone by.
- Insulated vinyl siding: Is it really energy-efficient?
- The great debate: wood vs. vinyl siding
- Steel siding: Is it right for your home?
- Vinyl siding: 3 lesser-known companies to consider
- Fiberglass siding: does it beat the competition?
- Best siding for renovating historical buildings
- 4 things to consider when buying new vinyl siding
- Go vertical with new vinyl siding
- How to choose the right new vinyl siding
- Fiber cement or vinyl siding?
- Best vinyl siding: CertainTeed earns top honors
- Siding shadow lines: Dutch lap or clapboard?
- History of modern siding
- Control stone veneer siding cost with accent touches
- 6 popular styles of Crane siding
- Georgia Pacific siding: vinyl or Plytanium™?
- MainStreet siding boosts curb appeal
- Explore the choices of Reynolds vinyl siding
- Gentek siding offers generous choices of styles and prices
- Gentek steel siding: quality, durability and safety
- Trim Your DIY Siding Costs with Georgia-Pacific Siding
- From shakes to wraps: CertainTeed siding looks delicious
- With a Little Research, Vinyl Siding Styles Make Sense
- Are Premium or Insulated Vinyl Siding Styles Worth It?
- Cost Analysis: Premium, Value and Insulated Vinyl Siding
- Guide to The Most Common Vinyl Siding Styles
- The Pros and Cons of Popular Vinyl Siding Styles
- Advances in Realistic Looking Vinyl Siding
- An Overview of Popular Vinyl Siding Styles
- Got Vinyl Siding Favorites? Here Are Ours
- What to Consider When Choosing Vinyl Siding Styles
- Types of Vinyl Siding for Extreme Climates
- Vertical Vinyl Siding Can Make Your Home Unique
- 2 Futuristic Shingle and Siding Technologies You Should Consider