Siding colors to suit your style
It is possible to make your home stand out--but remember that there is a difference between standing out, and sticking out. Your home's exterior color can express the inner you or show your unique creations. With the pallet of siding colors available today, you can make accessorizing your home's style more unique to you.
Warm or cool tones for your home's siding color
Choosing between warm and cool tones for your siding can set the overall tone for your home's curb appeal. Earth tones, popular in the Southwest, can include variations of some of these warmer colors:
- Tuscan gold
Manufactures like James Hardie, CertainTeed Vinyl Siding, and KP Building Products carry a large variety of warm tones from beige, brown or orange to rose.
On the other end of the spectrum are cooler tones in green, blue or gray colors. These can range from subtle shades that work to blend in to the environment (popular in the Northwest) to louder shades that help your house stand out in your neighborhood.
Siding options include different shapes and textures as well. Vertical, brick, log, stone, and concrete are a few different siding options that still come in a range of colors.
Brick colors are available on traditional siding, or faux brick panels can be used. Siding can be used in addition to slats, which features a curved pattern bottom, and gives the house more texture on the outside.
The cost factors for siding
In addition to finding house siding colors that suit your taste, you also need to find a siding that matches your budget. Prices vary depending on which manufacturer you choose.
An average 2000 square foot home costs about $10,000 to have siding installed, which includes materials, labor and installation, and having the old siding removed. Manufacturer, color, and style choices can increase the cost from $2 to $10 per square foot depending on what you want for your home.
- Go over to the dark side with these vinyl siding paints
- Exterior siding 2013 features new colors
- Vinyl brick siding: affordable Georgian beauty
- Vinyl siding colors: what works best?
- 3 tips for painting vinyl siding
- Vinyl siding colors: can metal siding compete?
- 6 top vinyl siding colors
- 5 tips for choosing vinyl siding colors
- House siding colors to suit any material
- 3 tips and 3 tastes for house siding colors
- 5 kinds of house siding: colors galore
- House siding colors: What is traditional?
- How to pick vinyl siding colors
- Practical Tips for Choosing a Vinyl Siding Color
- Insulated Vinyl Siding: Right for You?