Vinyl siding cost: Is spring the cheapest time for installation?
Have the longer days of warm weather revealed the ravages of winter on your home's siding? In many parts of the country, winter's extremely cold temperatures or frequent severe weather events force homeowners to wait until the weather warms up before scheduling exterior home improvements like installing vinyl siding.
Maybe as you read this, spring has passed you by and the days of summer loom too hot for you to think about vinyl siding. Costs often prove to be an obstacle during the warmer months, when vinyl siding contractors can typically have more work than they can handle. Deals on vinyl siding and installation typically show up as the fall holidays and chilly weather approach, and their business starts slowing down.
How seasonal timing affects vinyl siding cost
When it comes to deciding the best time of year for vinyl siding installation, another seasonal factor -- availability of materials -- can affect vinyl siding cost.
Depending on where you live, materials may be either scarce or more abundant in your region of the country at certain times of the year. If you plan to do the installation yourself, you may want to wait out the market until the cost of materials in your area drops. Unlike vinyl siding contractors who often buy ahead of time in large quantities because they keep on top of material pricing, you may not know in advance when prices rise or fall.
Biding your time until vinyl siding costs come down can save you money on the siding, but you may then have to store the materials until the weather cooperates for proper installation. If you decide to buy the materials in the spring and do the work right away, that might be fine, but you could end up having to install at an inclement time of year. Keep in mind that once you remove your old siding, you leave the home exposed to rain or snow that could trap moisture behind the new vinyl siding, causing future rot and mold.
Before getting involved in a project that could end up costing you more than you bargained for, explore pricing from certified vinyl siding contractors. You may pay for their labor, but you may also save aggravation and possibly avoid invalidating your warranty when you have a professional who is certified for your vinyl siding product do the installation. You also won't have to worry what time of year it is.
- Vinyl siding: sometimes it just makes dollars and cents
- Planning a siding installation? Sooner may be better than later
- Insulated vinyl siding: A hot idea for keeping homes cool
- Vinyl siding costs: 5 architectural influencers
- Insulated siding: local programs offer financial assistance
- Save on vinyl siding: install in the fall
- New vinyl siding: finding the best kind
- 5 best reasons to buy premium-gauge vinyl siding
- Exterior siding cost: How much is installation labor?
- 3 top veneers -- with siding costs to match
- Protect your vinyl siding cost: Use pre-screened contractors
- R-value and your vinyl siding cost
- Waterproofing: Add it to your siding cost
- Increased energy efficiency could affect vinyl siding prices
- 3 tips for negotiating vinyl siding costs with contractors
- Installation charges and total siding cost
- The truth about contractor markup and siding cost
- One stop shopping saves on siding cost
- Does redwood fit into your siding cost budget?
- Better vinyl siding: cost for repairs less likely
- Siding cost: include water intrusion prevention
- 3 little-known tips for finding lowest vinyl siding prices
- How fascia trim affects siding cost
- Roll new gutters into vinyl siding cost
- 3 steps to solid vinyl siding cost estimates
- From beginning to end: siding prices add up in the details
- Wood or fiber cement siding? Cost could decide
- Siding cost: vinyl is affordablity winner
- 5 ways to negotiate siding cost
- From bargain to upscale, siding cost makes the grade
- Vinyl siding cost makes faux brick a natural choice
- 3 reasons contractors mark up siding prices
- Have you calculated your long term siding cost?
- 3 negotiation tips to lower fiber cement costs
- Is siding cost your deal-breaker?
- Lower your vinyl siding cost: do 3 tasks yourself
- Keep vinyl siding cost low with aluminum trim
- Wood siding vs. vinyl siding: prices could be a deal-breaker
- 3 crucial aspects of fiber cement prices
- How jobsite conditions affect vinyl siding cost
- How much of your fiber cement cost is labor?
- Fiber cement cost: 3 smart reasons to hire a contractor
- 3 secrets for finding lower vinyl siding prices
- Compare bids for best siding cost and save money
- Decipher fiber cement cost
- Score the best fiber cement prices
- 9 vinyl siding costs your estimate should include
- 3 DIY tips for vinyl siding cost savings
- Tips on siding cost, tax savings and ROI
- By the numbers: Reynolds vinyl siding cost
- How much does Gentek siding cost?
- Include Soffit Installation in your Siding Cost for Long-Term Savings
- What Do Your Vinyl Siding Prices Include?
- How much does Alcoa siding cost?
- Find a Good Repair Contractor: Keep Fiber Cement Prices Under Control
- Siding Cost and Contractors
- Home Siding Products and Long-term Costs: The Bottom Line
- Home Siding: Where You Live Determines What You Pay
- DIY Repairs and Fiber Cement Cost
- How to Figure Fiber Cement Cost for your DIY Project
- Save Money on Your Vinyl Siding Cost: Do the Job Yourself
- Cleaning vs. Replacement: Keeping Vinyl Siding Prices Down
- How Safety Affects Your Fiber Cement Cost
- DIY Vinyl Siding Cost: How Much Should You Figure for Labor?
- Why Are Fiber Cement Prices Higher?
- Fiber cement cost: how much of the price is materials?
- Vinyl Siding Cost Factors: Keeping the Lid on Lead Paint
- Vinyl Siding Cost Savings: Energy-Efficiency and More
- Cost of Vinyl Siding: Three Ways to Stay on Budget
- Quality Determines How Much New Vinyl Siding Costs
- How Much Does Vinyl Siding Cost? The Bottom Line.
- How to Keep the Cost of Vinyl Siding Projects Down
- Tips to Help You Research Vinyl Siding Costs
- Evaluating Contractor Markups on Vinyl Siding
- Vinyl Siding Costs: Comparing Premium vs. Value
- Negotiating for Your Vinyl Siding Cost Estimate
- Vinyl Clapboard vs. Vinyl Cedar Shake Siding: Cost Discussion
- Vinyl Siding - Costs are Low, Style is High
- Vinyl Siding Cost - Brand Comparisons
- Vinyl Siding Cost Factors Fluctuate with the Economy